Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Artwork for Erin

I decided the walls in my daughter's bedroom needed some jazzing up, especially since we had just bought her some new linen and all, so this is what I came up with:






A big thank you to my friend Jess for the canvas - I took the original fabric off, and put the brocade on - and discovered I am lousy at using a staple gun!

The first paint up of the letters didn't have them come up as bright as I wanted, so I changed tack and did a coat of silver on top.

Added some beaded trim type stuff, some butterflies, and voila! The hanging is not ideal, but it will have to do - we didn't have any wire or the right type of picture hook but oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous Jax!!

sweetp said...

Awesome! Hmmm maybe I might steal that idea for the kids for xmas!!